Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Rabbit Hole Day!

The Tortoise and the Snail

The tortoise and the snail had a race to get the mail and it lasted all the day ‘cause neither knew the way.

The tortoise headed east where the rocks they were the least and he crawled across the sand like a turtle on the land.

The snail headed west where the moisture was the best and he slid right through the water like a playful little otter.

When chance there came a seal who was looking for a meal and because he was all wet he went and made a bet.

The one he made a bet with was a tabby known as Setwith who would sit upon the post and declare himself the most.

Now the sun was going down and the betters faces frowned for the racers on the ground were still not to be found

Then springing on a log was a little greenish frog who croaked right at the betters that they should go and learn their letters.

So the seal and the cat became quite indignant over that and they demanded now to know how the racers were so slow.

The frog he laughed in glee saying, “Matters not to me”, and the thing I laugh at most is there is no Sunday Post.


From The Tales of Whimsy, by Bevie James.
.

6 comments:

jaz said...

Hi Bevie. This is really fun and I can see that you had a great time writing it.

I read your post about death and I felt like I should say something to explain about Islam, but I just can't. I didn't read the whole post, personal reasons, and I know you'll understand.

Wondering when your next writers group meeting is...

fairyhedgehog said...

Another fun post, Bevie.

Linda McGeary said...

I love it!
Great fun imagery. I enjoy the funny poems that could so easily be pictured in a children's book. I saw the pictures. If I were an artist, like my son, I send them to you.
It made me smile.

Linda McGeary said...

I love it!
Great fun imagery. I enjoy the funny poems that could so easily be pictured in a children's book. I saw the pictures. If I were an artist, like my son, I'd send them to you.
It made me smile.

Bevie said...

Jennifer: Thanks. I did. I do understand. Next meeting is February 10th. My story, Apprentice is scheduled to be critiqued.

Fairy: Thanks.

Oh, and Jennifer: There is a similar post on Cat in the Buff, if you're interested.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Linda. Sorry again for the delay in accepting your post. I got called away in the middle of my reponse to Jennifer and FairyHedgeHog.

How old's your son?