Friday, April 10, 2009

Thank You Lisa and Freddie

Awards have passed through this area of cyberspace and, thanks to Lisa and Freddie, A Voice in the Wind has two.


Lisa gave me the "I Love Your Blog Award".

I like what she wrote - about this blog, and about me.

"Bevie IS a voice in the wind, a voice says "I'm listening" and I care about my fellow bloggers."

That is SO sweet. I guess if I can be remembered no other way, I will be happy.





Freddie gave me the "Proximidade" Award.

There's an entire paragraph which goes with this:

This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award.

Awards are nice ways to tell someone we like them. We like what they write. Something about someone else has touched something inside ourselves. It's amazing, really. Of all the people I have written to or read posts and comments from, I have only met one face-to-face, and that took place before any on-line communication. So, of the people I have met on-line I have seen none. Some have posted pictures of themselves, which is nice. Some I am not even sure what gender they are. (See this post from fairyhedgehog.)

I began blogging with great trepidation just before Halloween last year. New things frighten me, as do people in general. So I was scared about posting anything. What if no one ever visited my blog? What if someone did? Finding something to say was never a problem. I can blab about just about anything - whether I know anything about it or not.

That reminds me of a know-it-all I used to work with. A group from my department went to lunch one day, and every time anyone talked about anything "V" knew all about it, and he would "correct" our misconceptions straight-away. As we were returning he was doing it again, and another co-worker had finally had enough. He gave "V" a look and said, "And I suppose if I told you I was going polar bear hunting you would know all about it?" Hope I'm not that bad.

But I'm glad to get awards.

As to passing them on. Well, I did pass on the "I Love Your Blog" award from The Great Sea, which also got the award from Writtenwyrdd. It was horrible choosing between all of the blogs I visit, for in my heart they ALL should get the award. But how did that go in the song? "If everybody's somebody - Then no one's anybody."

I guess I don't mind that.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

It is a dilemma, isn't it?

I'm glad you've got awardy goodness for your blog.

Bevie said...

Thanks Fairy.