Monday, December 1, 2008

The Joy of Being Recognized

Evil Editor just posted Cartoon 268 and Face-Lift 570. I had submitted to both.

I got an Honorable Mention for my Cartoon Caption (along with 13 others). Chelsea's caption was the winning entry. I like it. It pertains more to writing than mine. (I'm listed as anon.)

My Guess the Plot entry is listed for "Holiday Lords". It isn't the best, but it's there. And I don't really give a damn if the only reason it's there is because there weren't any other entries to choose. It's still there.

In my earlier post from this morning I said I don't normally write when I'm happy, so this is an effort to correct that. Marci Shimoff (see earlier post) indicated that when we are involved in what we believe to be our life's purpose, everything seems to fall into place and we are "happy". This is how I feel about interacting with Evil Editor and the Minions. I'm not in their class, but still I feel like I belong somehow. Given time, I think it possible that one day that may actually happen. In the meantime, I am happy to have what I have.

It's kind of strange. I know so little about any of them. Like me, most hide behind coded names and/or pictures. (Believe it or not, I don't really look like the picture I chose for my blog.) I know so little, but I care so much. And some of these people may be creepy people - like politicians, lawyers and national news correspondants.

No comments: