Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Now I'm Pissed

I got away from posting more than once on the same blog in a day, but I'm annoyed enough now that I'm going to do it anyway. Besides, my other post was more of a driveling mess than this one. In the other I was amused. Now I'm kind of torqued.

Why?

Because I just read another post about how men CAN'T multitask and women can.

What a load of CRAP!

Anyone can multitask. Especially if they're being paid for it.

Cook supper while on the telephone and holding a baby? I've done that. More times than I can remember. When Son was a baby I did most of the cooking, and I shared diaper duty and baby amusement time.

I can work on five stories at the same time. Yes, I know. You don't consider that work, or even tasking. Up yours. I bet you can't do it.

DO men multitask?

Not nearly so often as women. Why not?

Men don't give a rats ass about hardly anything. Unless they're my brother, men could care less about a clean house, dishes in the sink, a dirty floor, an unmade bed, or unwashed clothes. These are things we will do - in time. And if we're feeling ambitious we'll even do them all at the same time. (I have been motivated to do all of those things at the same time. Mother hit much harder than Daddy. And when it was two hours before she got home one learned to multitask in a hurry. Another point of motivation.)

Put a man on a ball field and watch him multitask. Can he watch a ball, swing a bat, and aim for "where they ain't" all at once? Yes, he can. Why? Because it's important - to him.

Pay a man to multitask and he will do it. Tell him to do five things he loves doing and he'll multitask.

Tell him to do one thing he hates doing and you'll be lucky if he ever finishes.

People who test things things are assholes. If they knew Jack Shit (Not a bad fellow. Met him after the news this morning.) they would understand that anybody can multitask at things they consider important, and less so when they consider the things a waste of time.

Spouse can multitask - when she wants to. When the tasks are things she doesn't want to do suddenly she has to do them one at a time. Maybe this indicates women can't multitask? Baloney!

Both Spouse and I have: cooked a meal, done the laundry, talked on the telephone, and played a table game all at the same time. Why? Because we wanted to. But when I don't want to do these things I am very much like Spouse. I do them one at a time. The idea is that, hopefully, something will come up and prevent me from having to do the unfinished tasks.

Sometimes it works.

No comments: