Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Things We Hide Away

For those of you wondering what I've been doing for a good portion of the day, I'm going to tell you. For those of you who couldn't care less, I'm going to tell you, too.

After doing my morning email and visiting my daily blogs, I did the dishes. Well, some of them. The dishwasher went full on me. Then I brought up the first box of Archives. There was some pretty cool stuff in there! I posted three times on The Great Sea about it, and I didn't even post it all. I'm going to post some of it here.

What I have for here are some of the posters I made and humorous pieces I saved. I'll start with the humorous pieces. These are all from a publication called "News & Notes", from the summer of 1995, when I worked writing software for an insurance company. (Not a good job.) The section containing the humorous stuff was called, Words of Wisdom.

Try a little kindness. As little as possible.

It takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown, and fewer still to ignore someone completely.

Don't walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me alone.

It's rediculous humor, but it makes me laugh. Especially the last one. Unfortunately, the posters I made aren't as funny, and two of them aren't even my idea. But I can't remember who's idea they were. I had these displayed promptly at my desk when I worked at Christian outreach company (until the manager told me to take them down).
= = = = =

IRRESPONSIBILITY

is not a sickness.
It's an Art.

I AM THE MASTER

= = = = =

ENCOMPASSED BY PROBLEMS?

WELL, BEFORE YOU GET TOO FAR, REMEMBER THIS:

If you want it:
...we don't have it.
If you're looking for it:
...we don't know where it is.
If you need information:
...we don't know it.
If you want it done:
...we don't have the time.

NOW. HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?

= = = = =

DIPLOMACY

The art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock!

= = = = =

I like these. Every government office should post them as part of their standard rules of operation.

Going to keep on searching the Archives, now that they're open. Only about a dozen boxes of varying sizes left to peruse.

NOTE: I hate it that this editor thinks leading spaces should be deleted.

5 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I love it when you're feeling cheerful. Those posters made me smile. I'm still smiling - if I was talking to you you'd hear the smile in my voice.

Bevie said...

Humor is how adults can be children again.

We all deserve to have fun in our lives. The truth is, none of us is that old.

jaz said...

Bevie you are on a roll! Your last post on my blog was hysterical. I'm glad your mood is light. Everything is easier when we can laugh. :)

Bevie said...

Thanks.

So, are you going to set one to search for the other?

jaz said...

Um, no.

:)