Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So, I've Got This Idea

Well, I get to brag myself up a bit. No, I mean it! I won something. Came in second place in a writing contest, and it means cookies for my belly. (If I can get to the mail before Son and Spouse do.)


Kiersten had a contest honoring her one year anniversary of blogging. The task was either to write why I visited her blog, or the first paragraph of her biography. I chose the latter and posted it on The Great Sea.


The contest reminded me of stories I used to write, beginning when I was in junior high and continuing to the 1990s. I also posted about that. See A New Hero Has Arisen.


What I'm thinking of doing is to create a weekly exercise - for myself and for any writers interested in participating. The idea is to create a SuperHero persona for ourselves (in my post, I suggested those with Avatar names like FairyHedgeHog and LaughingWolf already have these), and then write scenes in which our SuperHero is in action.


What I'm curious about is reader interest? How much is there? I've been writing these kinds of things off and on for more than thirty years and I get kick out of them. What do you think?


Oh, here is the site to get your SuperHero picture.


NOTE: Since everyone has assumed I am female, I decided to go with a female superhero. Here is mine:

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I would need to be a cat type super hero!
I clicked on the link but it was just too slow and I was too impatient to wait for it.

fairyhedgehog said...

I've found another character creator here: http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/heromachine2.asp

I think it gives you more options. I'll post mine on my blog tomorrow. (I've already posted twice today.)

Bevie said...

Lisa, try accessing the link through Writtenwyrdd's blog. For some reason it works faster than when it's linked from mine.

Fairy, great! I'm going to give that one a look, too.

So, I take it there is, at least, interest?

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm interested.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Fairy.

By the way, I went to the other hero creation site. Very cool! I came up with a better overall character (and I got to decide the name myself), but I like the face here better.

I'm at the end of time this week, so I'll post about this again next week.

Lisa said...

me too, although I'm not sure I'll have the patience to find a super hero.
I'll check out the other links and see it they're quicker AND it must be a cat, cat like . . . . :-)

Bevie said...

The site Fairy indicated has noses and ears that look like cats.

Spy Scribbler said...

Wow, Bevie, I think that is a really cool idea! I love it! I wish I could say I would do it, but I can't seem to write what I have to write, let alone more, LOL. BUT, I think it's an AWESOME idea!

Lisa said...

OK, my superhero is 'mostly' ready. Gatto Dea - she's on my blog. . Still working on her description.
Couldn't find the same cat that fairyhedge found but a flying one is fitting.