Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Writers' Group - The Critique

Tonight I am scheduled to go to my second meeting of the local Writers' Group. My story, Apprentice, is up for critique. Not only that, but I learned on Sunday there is another piece up for critique which I need to get to. I didn't do it Sunday night because I was busy with the family. Then Monday came and I found my day taken up with being at the clinic with my mother. I had thought to work on it all day on Tuesday.

Then Mother had to be back at the clinic this morning. No big deal, I thought. I'll work on it this afternoon. Then the clinic ran like an hour or more late. Mother finally sent me on my way because I had to get back to town to pick up Son at school. So that shot a good portion of my afternoon.

So, here I am. It's going on four and I have to leave at six. I'm not that good at critiques anyway. I know what I like, but not always why. Same with what I don't like. Sometimes it's just a feeling. Not very helpful to someone looking to polish a story.

So, I'm off to read - and critique. Hopefully, I can contribute something meaningful.

Wish me luck. (With the author who's work I'm critiquing luck, too.)

1 comment:

jaz said...

Anxious to hear how it went!