Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sharing the Pain

I just made a post to Evil Editor's blog for someone named Barbara. She had submitted a query and it got blasted. Like me, she was hit with something she had not expected. I do not know what that "something" was. Mine was learning I have to cut my story in half. That hurts. And it's an overwhelming task - sometimes. Anyway, Evil Editor sent out an alert that someone (Barbara) was hurting and the minions responded like a rescue team arriving at the scene of an accident. They are as good at comfort as they are at discipline. They provided lots of encouragment. I thought I would add mine, too, because I am NOT a professional. Sometimes it is good to hear from others who are hurting, too.

In some ways I feel more badly for Barbara than myself. I guess that's because, being me, I can deal with my thoughts and emotions directly. I know what's working and why. Barbara is another person. I don't even know her. Maybe she'll feet better, maybe not. I don't know. But I'm hoping she doesn't give up. I'm hoping she gives it another go and succeeds. In all likelihood I will never know. I do not know her last name and, to be honest, when her book finally reaches stores I will have forgotten it. All I'll know is here is a cool new book written by someone named Barbara Whoever.

I hope she makes it.

No comments: