Thursday, November 5, 2009

Smoke in Your Eyes

Another day with nothing to post. What an interesting life I live.

You know, one of the good things about living in an apartment with several hundred boxes stacked around the rooms is that there isn't any room to vacuum.

There also isn't a whole lot of room to cook. But that's fine as we only have an electric stove. Can't cook anything decent on an electric stove. Gotta have a real flame.

The disadvantages of the place are a few, but the worst is the cigarette smoke. It's everywhere. Just about everybody around here smokes, and opening a window means letting in the smoke. What a drag.

Officially, this is a smoke free building. But since everyone smokes within arm's reach of the building that's just a joke. All of the hallways smell like a two-bit bar from 1967.

But the people are nice. We're all in the same boat, so to speak. And as regards noise and such, this is probably a better place than any apartment I've ever lived in before.

Just wish they didn't smoke all the time.

But they're honest. I'll take that over liars and thieves who don't smoke any day.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Honest is good but I do hate cigarette smoke.

Bevie said...

It's awful! I thought it wouldn't be so bad because I grew up with it. But I guess I've been away from it too long.