Friday, July 3, 2009

Not a Day Off

I had been looking forward to a relaxing day today. Not the way it worked out. Too much to do. Too many things I didn't want to have to deal with.

Yesterday, Spouse, Son, and myself spent six+ hours at the Minnesota Zoo. Lots of walking. LOTS of walking. By the time we left I felt (and looked) like Walter Brennan in The Real McCoys. I could hardly walk. By the time we made the 54-mile drive home my muscles had stiffened up and I could hardly move. But you know, I wouldn't trade yesterday for anything.

Slept horribly. Muscles hurt worse than usual through the night. So I was looking forward to a nice, easy day.

Started out all right. Then Spouse and Son woke up.

With Son at my elbow I went through most of the 180+ pictures we took. Some were taken with a regular camera and we're going to have to wait on those. Meanwhile, Spouse is sending a barrage of questions my way. Eventually, I seek solace in the shower.

When I get out I learn that Son is having trouble with the computer. Oh, good! The computer problems are increasing again. Turns out Blogger had done something to his account and now he can't access it. We manage to get the password reset and he got in.

Then I had to go grocery shopping. Wasn't keen on that at all. The idea was that I pick out something I will eat. (Trying to lose weight, so I'm not eating the foods I used to eat.) Been having a run of bad luck with the so-called "fresh" fruit. After a bout of rotten strawberries, oranges, and grapes, and pineapple which made my lips bleed, I got some really fresh watermelon. It was so fresh it wasn't even ripe. The very thought of eating fruit made me want to gag. Checked out a couple of other things. Fat content way too high. So we left not buying me anything to eat. Made up for it by going to the meat market to get grill out food for the weekend. My weight may be getting ready to drop in a hurry. No food. Whatever.

Got home in time to deal with more computer problems. This time I rebooted. That's always fun because I'm never sure it's actually going to reboot. It did, but it took fifteen minutes.

So, here I am. I'm still exhausted and I haven't even done anything. Maybe I can relax tomorrow.

Whatever.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Fruit in general makes you want to gag, or just the fruit you tried that day?
I LOVE fruit - and vegetables - good thing, it balances the chocolate and chips - ha!

Bevie said...

I did like fruit. But now it seems like it's been several weeks in a row where the fruit I've been buying just isn't good at all. So I'm sick of it.

It's expensive, too. Very expensive.