Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Is My Road a Cul-de-sac, Or is the Bridge Just Out

Been to the sleep apnea doctor. That was an ordeal. They sent us directions, but to the wrong place. We got sent to Edina. The appointment was set up for Plymouth. Fortunately, we had arrived early - but at the wrong place - so we were only fifteen minutes late getting to the place we were supposed to be.

No CPAP machine at this time. In order to get one I will have to go through the night of torture. It's been too long since I was last tested for him to grant the machine without testing. Not sure why. It's the same machine for everyone.

Not that it matters. My insurance runs out in a very short while, and the insurance won't agree to purchase a machine for sixty days. By the time the insurance will buy the machine, my insurance will have run out. We certainly won't be buying it on our own. Last fall I lost the argument about whether to keep COBRA or let it go. Lost each of the succeeding arguments which followed. Could certainly use that money now. Not sure that the benefits of having COBRA have outweighed the loss of money. That's always been my argument and why I wouldn't have it now were the choice solely mine.

As things are now, I will not be taking the test and I will not be going on the CPAP machine. I see no advantage in doing either anymore.

Looking for a place to live right now. In fact, Spouse is on the telephone with a place recommended by the city building inspector. Doesn't sound like it's going well. We checked out some townhouses for rent in our sister city, but the places within our budget are already gone. In fact, the "many places for rent" has been reduced to one. One too expensive for us.

No need to panic at this time. We've still got eight weeks before we're on the street.

What I find most amazing about all of what is going on in our lives right now is that, miserable as it seems sometimes, we needn't look hard to find people who would love to change places with us. It kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

The world is filled with unhappy people, unhealthy people, lonely people, destitute people, fearful people, and so and and so on. I have met people online who are suffering. Wish I could help them, but I don't know how.

I have made more than a few friends online. Lost a couple, too. Found out it hurts as much to lose a friend I've never seen as it does those I've known face-to-face. This is definitely a crossroad year. Whatever I've been expecting to happen is probably going to happen within the next six weeks. Only time will tell what it is.

Life goes on. It waits for no one. Not even me.

6 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

Wow, I sure hope all the crazy backwards movements in your live straighten out, Bevie! I'm so grateful that things are going well for me at the moment. I was in a similar spot to yours back in the 90s, kept losing my job and all, and it got seriously old.

Bevie said...

I know. But I just came from LaughingWolf's blog. A woman and her children are suffering worse than I am. One never has to search long to find someone who would gladly trade places.

Life for us is great compared to what has happened to them.

Ms Sparrow said...

Sounds like you're keeping a good attitude. You still have a degree of peace and contentment in your life. Hang onto that along with your love of writing. You'll do fine.

Bevie said...

It's a matter of reminding myself that life is as much perspective as anything else. I may not be happy with how things are going right now, but there are people with far worse concerns.

Stacy said...

Hope things improve soon, Bevie.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Freddie. Some day they will.