Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Weight Watch Page

UPDATED on May 31: Made my month goal.

UPDATED on May 27:
Filled in some missing data. Made my May goal and am now aiming for an extension.


I have a New Watch Page for the month of May. If you care to compare, here's a link to the Old Watch Page from April.

Entering May, I have lost six pounds in four weeks. I know that doesn't sound like anything to brag about, but I saw my heart doctor this week and he said he was happier with my six than he would have been with sixteen. He wants me to lose one or two pounds each week - and no more. Slow weight change means I'm changing the way I live. Fast weight change means I'm starving myself. That can't be maintained.

12 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm impressed. I'm sure your doctor is right: slow weight gain works but starving yourself sends your body into hibernation and you stop losing weight.

That's nearly half a stone you've lost!

Bevie said...

Thanks. I would like to lose two pounds per week, but that will come, I think.

Hey, that reminds me. How much is a stone anyway?

Lisa said...

I think six pounds is quite impressive! Pat yourself on the back.
I agree- slow means you're starving yourself and it isn't something that can be maintained!

Bevie said...

I think you mean fast, but thanks.

Lisa said...

Oops yes meant fast

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

LOL! congrats. i lost 6 kilos in the last 4 weeks. that i think is more than 6 pounds.
my doc doesnt seem to be too happy.

take care. do visit...

Lisa said...

good job! keep it up. don't forget to add weights into your work out! a well balanced work our regime is important for fitness and weight loss.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Lisa. Wasn't sure anyone was checking out my site anymore.

Lauren said...

Six pounds in four weeks is about perfect. I believe "they" say 1.5 pounds a week. So you are spot on! Keep it up...slow and steady will get you there MUCH healthier and more long term than being crazy and fad dieting it all away! :)

Bevie said...

Thanks. Been on a bit of a plateau of late. Then today I dropped a bit. I'm expecting another plateau now.

Stacy said...

Congrats, Bevie!

I'd like to know how much a stone is, too.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Freddie. I suppose I should update the site with new information. It's been more than a week.