Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Season

2nd UPDATE: I deleted the original post. It's what I wanted to say, but not the way I wanted to say it. So I'll just leave the first update.

UPDATE: I just thought of something my sister told me. My niece is now a proud mother of two bright and wonderful children. Her daughter, a second grader, was with her in the car listening to Christmas music when the verse, "It's the most wonderful time of the year" came caroling through the car. With complete innocence my great-niece asked her mother, "Mommy, is Christmas really the most wonderful time of the year?" In true fashion, proving she is indeed descended from my parents, my niece replied, "No, dear. That's just a song. The most wonderful time of the year is summer."

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Your niece is so right!

Bevie said...

Absolutely.

Tana said...

I agree with you niece! Ha! Although there's a bit of magic Christmas morning. The world could use lot's more of that. ;)

Bevie said...

Christmas is a magic time, and if we lived where it was warm at Christmas perhaps it would be the best time of the year. But I just can't imagine Christmas without snow - although we have had winters without snow up here.