Sunday, August 23, 2009

Still Alive

One trip remaining to empty the house of things we wish to keep with us. There will still be a few items remaining after this next trip: empty boxes, mucky throw rugs, an old car seat, a few mops, and the garage door openers.

Not a lot of room here. Especially in the shower. Just measured it. It's 2-1/2' square. I'm not square (haven't been called that in years) but I do measure two feet from shoulder to shoulder. So I shower in the bathtub, where the faucet comes out at about chest high. Makes washing my face and hair a bit of a challenge.

Son has done a check and determined we are probably the only people around here over the age of twelve who do not smoke. But the people are friendly enough.

Stairs are a nightmare. No air in the hallway. Not to breathe anyway. I nearly faint going up one flight of seventeen steps. Then I have to make another flight and I nearly die.

We can afford to be here until maybe Christmas. Then we don't even have this.

Sometimes that's just how it goes. You know it's true - there are still people in this world who would trade places with us in a trice.

8 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Oh Bevie.

I wish I could do something. I wish things were different. Oh, how I do.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Fairy.

It's not a total loss, the shower. We've put the cat's litter box in there.

Ms Sparrow said...

Maybe those darn stairs will build up your muscles and give you more stamina (just hold that thought when you're struggling up them).

Re the litter box in the shower--cover up the drain so you don't plug it up with litter. I speak from experience when I say it's an
awful mess to clean it out!

Bevie said...

The stairs may be the death of me. I've thought about the drain. We'll need to put something down.

Lisa said...

A nice spacious potty room for Firestar.

Sorry about the situation you're in.

Bevie said...

Thanks. But it's still better than what some people are dealing with.

writtenwyrdd said...

At least you have a postive attitude about the situation, but I'm sure sorry you have to be in it!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, Bevie. I came here to thank you for your warm and beautiful message to me earlier this summer. You said your prayers were hardly enough, but you were so wrong. Your prayers helped me heal, and I thank you for that.

And now I pray that your situation improves and you find something that will take you far beyond Christmas. You have a wonderful attitude and a kind heart. Bless you.