Thursday, September 3, 2009

Is the Loch Ness Monster for Real

Not sure why I'm posting because I haven't anything I feel like writing here.

I guess I just hate to post some place else and leave this blog untouched. It was my first, you know. So if I'm going to write poetry I must also find something to post here. I'll make it up. No matter, right?

Six hundred years ago I used to post more often. A thousand years ago I posted every day. Now I'm just ancient, and can think of nothing to say.

There is a story in the works. I will not say more here. Just to let you know I'm not dead as some might fear.

I seldom visit other blogs anymore, although I do check my reading list often. Interesting how I'm not the only one not posting much. I guess it's contagious.

Hope you all are well.

8 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

It's good to see you posting again. I haven't commented on the poem because I never know what to say about poems.

Bevie said...

I know. And my last few poems have been kind of odd anyway. It was the middle of the night for this last and I guess it was somehow inspired by my new work in process.

Ms Sparrow said...

The only time I have been able to write poetry was when I was severely depressed. Of course, it's really hard to get motivated when you're depressed so the words of the poems sorta just lie there and crop up in your off-hours. But since you love the words, you must write them down at some point. So do your duty! WRITE!!

Bevie said...

I haven't been posting on the blogs, but I have been writing. At least, of late. I've got a new work in progress started. It's a 50,000-word short story I hope to have finished by the end of September.

writtenwyrdd said...

These things go in cycles, Bevie. I hope things are improving for your family. Stay well!

Bevie said...

I expect you're right, writtenwyrdd. It doesn't make it any easier when things are bad, but it does provide hope that things will get better. Sooner or later something has to click. Right?

Stacy said...

How's it going?

Bevie said...

It's like going down a flight of stairs with the lights turned off instead of a slide. We get to an edge, teeter for a time, and then drop. Things stabilize for a little while, until we get to the next edge, where again we teeter before falling.

We haven't reached the next edge, but it's only a month or two away.

Right now it seems my choice is between personal joy and the joy of others. Turns out I can't have both this time.

Pity.