Friday, October 24, 2008

I Hate Being Stupid

You know, I really hate this software. Once again I have lost what I have written. It wasn't the same way, though. I found a new way to lose everything I write.

I learned the hard way that using arrow keys can be hazardous to unposted writing. Well guess what? There seems to be another way to do it. I was nearly finished and decided to use Preview to see how it looked. Satisfied, I arrowed back. Mistake. You see, even though Preview changes the screen and appears to go to a new page, it doesn't. You are actually still on the same page, so if you arrow away, you lose that page. There isn't even a dialog box warning you of what you are about to do. This software sucks. Yeah, yeah, I couldn't have done it any better, but good software should be idiot proof. It should also be idiot intuitive. Having lost everything I have written twice in three days, I think I qualify as an expert in idiot testing. This software failed the idiot test. But, like government, there is no alternative to having it, I guess.

C'este la guerre.

No comments: